1. Our approach to privacy
8M Management Services Pte. Ltd. (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates www.annsianghouse.com (the “Site”). This website is owned by 8M Management Services Pte. Ltd (trading as) Ann Siang House. Ann Siang House is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with its obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (PDPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. When do we collect personal information?
We ask for personal information from you in the following circumstances:
- When you make a booking with us or purchase any other product or service – either online or through an Ann Siang House customer service representative
- When you contact us to discuss a booking
- When you subscribe to our email marketing, enter competitions or register for promotions
- When you take part in surveys or provide us with feedback
- When you enquire via our website
You are in control of what information we collect about you. However, if you choose not to share your information, some areas of the website may not be accessible or usable. If any of the information you have provided changes or appears to be incorrect, you can let us know by emailing email@example.com
3. Why do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information to help us deliver an effective service:
- To fulfill any existing and/or future booking you make with us including a necessary reservation, payment, and administration associated with the hotel
- For payment card verification, accounting, billing, and credit
Your payment information is collected directly by Cloudbeds, as part of their commitment to data privacy they are up to date & compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- To provide any other product or service you have purchased from us
- To deal with any queries or requests you have regarding your booking and manage any amendments you may wish to make
- To provide you with information about products, services and promotions that may be of interest to you unless you have asked us not to contact you
- To ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your viewing device
- For quality assurance testing, market analysis, systems testing, analysis of statistics, bench marking, auditing and performance measures
4. Cookies and IP addresses
We and our appointed agencies collect anonymous information about your use of the website from cookies and using pixel tags. Cookies are small files of letters and numbers that we put on your device’s hard drive and pixel tags are used to read the cookies. They allow us to distinguish you from other users of our website, monitor website traffic and personalise website content just for you. This ultimately helps us provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and allows us to improve our site going forward.
- Usage information: we collect usage information about you whenever you interact with our website and services. This includes which web pages you visit, what you click on, when you perform those actions, what language preference you have, and so on
- Device and browser data: we collect information from the device and application you use to access our services. Device data mainly means your IP address, operating system version, device type, system and performance information, and browser type
- Information from page tags: we use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags to collect data about visitors to our website. This data includes usage and user statistics
- Log data: like most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses, internet service providers, the files viewed on our site, operating system versions, device type and timestamps
- Referral information: if you arrive at our website from an external source (such as a link on another website or in an email), we record information about the source that referred you to us. The site will still function correctly if you opt to exclude third party cookies, however when you make an online booking, the booking process requires cookies to work. These are temporary cookies which are automatically deleted once a transaction is made.
5. Our approach to marketing
The data you give us about yourself will enable us to give you updates other than through our website, using the contact details you provide, on promotions and services we think may interest you or to involve you in market research. To improve our picture of your interests we may link the data you give us with any data we have gathered (via cookies or previous booking data) about your use of the website. For example, if you start a booking, volunteer your email address and are subscribed to our email promotions, but then fail to complete the booking, then we may use this to send you an email to help you complete your booking later.
We will not contact you if you have indicated you do not wish to receive this information; during the booking process, the email sign up process.
Whenever we ask you for information about yourself you may, by ticking the relevant box, opt out of receiving marketing communications from us. In addition, whenever you are contacted by email you will be told how to opt out of being updated by email in the future.
6. Who your data may be disclosed to
We do not give or sell your data to third parties for marketing purposes. This includes email addresses and telephone numbers collected via our website.